Friday, July 15, 2011

I dedicated all my achievements to them


This Day Guru Purnima is celebrated to pay tributes to the spiritual gurus, their teachings and their lives. I don’t follow any such spiritual Gurus because I never needed one.

As John Lubbock said that every child should be taught, as that every child should be given the wish to learn. I am blessed with so many mentors, my late beloved Father, my Maa and Nani they introduced me to this odd world and taught me survival. My Guru Rohini Salian Chief Public prosecutor, Nandini Sardesai, late Shree Pramod Navalkar the one who introduced me to pen and paper. Mobin sir, who shaped my skills in journalism and introduced me to parallel journalism. There are many skilled journalists working for spread sheet but there is dearth in these niche sectors. Late Mr. Behram Contractor who fascinated me always and I have My Afternoon publication because of him. Today I am proud to say mine is the only parallel media house in India, whatever I am today is just because of them.

I entered in this hackers’ arena, with no focus, no direction and no knowledge. It was just an excitement to know the other side of hidden crust. As usual they all used to call me n00b, dumb techi, stupid cat.. They were right because I was ignorant about hackers and hacking. Provided cut paste data was an asset to me as a writer and journalist. It was great dilemma, wanted to be here and not known to this area. Laughing at ignorant, making fun of innocent is the trend we all practice. Very few understand your problem and help you learn. Gaurav Singh, (r45c4l) who mentored me and actually introduced to this world and installs me as one of them. This Cat techie can never forget his contribution to her life as a mentor.

It is a day to express respect and gratitude towards mentors and teachers. Celebrated in the memory of sage Vyasa, who is said to have compiled the four vedas, the 18 puranas , the Mahabharata, and the Bhagvat Gita, Guru Poornima is also known as ‘Vyasa Purnima’. Derived from the Sanskrit word ‘gu’ meaning ‘darkness’ and ‘ru’ meaning ‘remover’, ‘guru’ means the remover of darkness, ignorance and evil. According to the Shvetashvatara Upanishad, one must consider no difference between God and one’s guru.

Gurur Brahma, Gurur Vishnu, Gurur Devo. Maheshwara. Guru Sakshat Parabrahmah Tasmai Shree. Guru Veh Namah. Happy Gurupurnima to all my Mentors and Guru

No comments:

Post a Comment